Students who have passion in Oceanography and would like to pursue further education in this field are encouraged to apply for the OGS HPC-TRES master scholarships at National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics in Italy. Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity. The offer will end on July 26th 2018 so apply today!
National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics is an Italian public research institution which is internationally oriented. This year OGS is honored to offer two OGS HPC-TRES master scholarships at National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics which has the goal to enhance human resources, facilitate capacity building and advanced training in the fields of numerical models and Earth System modelling (hydrosphere, atmosphere, biosphere and lithosphere). The award is available for students to pursue master degree program in OCE of the National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics for the scientific research section oceanography on the topic:
“High performance computing for earth sciences”
The total amount of the scholarship will be given for the duration of 12 months and the grant cannot be renewed automatically. However, upon request from the Tutor, the scholarship may be renewed with a proposal made by the Director of the Section where the recipients are implementing the research activities to the General Director of OGS. The renewal scholarship proposal must be accompanied by a brief report written by the award recipients detailing the implemented activities and which must be countersigned by the Tutor.
The award details are as follows: € 14,400 gross annual salary. Net for charges allowed by OGS which includes the social security contributions regarding the part borne by the recipient. The grant will be paid every month. Furthermore, all expenses related to living and travel will be reimbursed to the students when carrying out research activities out of the OGS headquarters in proportion to the amount paid to the OGS staff belonging to the III professional level. Social security and fiscal regulatory provisions in force are applied to all scholarships.
- Students must be an Italian students or foreign students
- Must not be older than 30 years old
- Able to speak and write and understand English
- Foreign students must have knowledge of the Italian language
- Degree acquired according to the latest legislation prior to Ministerial Decree no. 509/99 in scientific disciplines or master’s degree in accordance with Ministerial Decree no. 270/04 in every assimilated classes pursuant Interministerial Decree dated 9 July 2009 as well as stipulated by the table annexed to the same degree obtained by universities abroad or Italian Universities.
- If you obtained your qualifications abroad and haven’t been recognized legally in Italy in accordance with the applicable law, PhD and degree only for the admission to the selection of the scholarship may be accepted by the Selection Board. To this end, applicants must provide complete records regarding their education so that the Selection Board can approve the equivalence of their foreign qualification. All admission requirements must be completed at the date of this notice of enrolment.
You can download the application form on this link and send it via post to:
Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia
e di Geofisica Sperimentale – OGS
Località Borgo Grotta Gigante, 42/c
34010 Sgonico – TS
For further information about the OGS HPC-TRES master scholarships at National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics, please visit the scholarship website.