The Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (known as CRAG) is pleased to offer up to six scholarships for highly qualified students to pursue their doctoral degree at either the University of Barcelona or the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Both national and international students are welcomed to apply. If you are interested in the PhD scholarships at the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics, apply today!
The Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics is often shortened as CRAG. It is an independent organization established as a consortium of 4 primary research institutions, namely: Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), University of Barcelona (UB) and Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB). This year, they are pleased to offer 6 PhD scholarships at the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics funded by the ‘National program for the promotion of Talent and its Employability 2018’ from the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.
The scholarships are reserved for students who have a passion in plan biology, biotechnology, farm animal and plant genomics and genetics. Available programs can be found here. This program is intended to last 4 years.
Students must fulfil one of the following options by July 2019:
- A degree in non-Spanish Universities on the basis of the curriculum (exclusively on merit). The curriculum and academic grades, motivation letter and reference letters of candidates are evaluated. No selection criteria for negative or positive discrimination are applied.
- Studies that lead to an official Spanish or from any other countries of the European Higher Education Area university degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and any other relevant fields. Additionally, students must have 300 credits (ECTS) of which a minimum of 60 have to correspond to graduate level.
- Students must not have a doctoral degree
- Students are not allowed to have started a pre-PhD fellowship funded by the Spanish ‘Plan Estatal de Investigacion, Desarrollo e Innovacion tecnologica’ and any other previous ‘Plan Nacional’
- Must have good knowledge of English. Students must provide proof like TOEFL scores or other tests or a verifiable education in English. Students can also submit proof of a reasonably long stay in an English speaking country.
The application deadline for the PhD scholarships at the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics is on August 30th 2018. Students should submit the following documents as part of the application.
- A motivation letter including a statement of research interests, a brief summary of work experience and career objectives (2 pages max.)
- Copy of passport for international candidates
- A scanned copy of your certified academic record. This includes a detailed record transcript which is a list of grades and attended courses). The documents must show the grades obtained in exam periods.
- Other relevant additional files. Provide supporting documents that are important only. Make sure you don’t overload your application with insignificance documents and certificates.
- Two reference letters from scientists or university lecturers with whom you have worked or studied. Send the letters directly by the referees to the Principal Investigator of the requested project no later than the due date. Letters must have official letterhead and signature. Download the referee request here.
Send the application directly to the Principal Investigator of the project you are interested in which you can find on the scholarship website