Students who wish to pursue their bachelor’s or master’s degree to study sport now have the opportunity to apply for the Sports scholarships at Coventry University. This program is available for September 2018 Entry for full time students. UK, EU as well as international students of all nationalities are welcomed to apply!
The Coventry University is ranked at `5 amongst the UK universities and is as a matter of fact a leading UK university. It is the top university for student satisfaction. It is a forward-looking and modern university with a focus on applied research and has a proud tradition as a provider of high-quality education. In 2018/2019, there are up to 40 – 50 Sports scholarships at Coventry University for students who pursue either an undergraduate program or postgraduate program in Sports. Qualified students will be awarded competitively at either of two levels of support, namely: £ 3,000 or £ 1,500 every year depending on students’ performance level.
- Level 1: this is reserved for students at National or High County level. This scholarship amounts to 3 1,500, 3 750 of which will be paid in cash and the rest will be paid towards support services
- Level 2: this is for students at International or High National level. The university offers a total of £ 3,000, £ 1,500 of which will be paid in cash and the rest will be paid towards support services.
Every scholarship will consist of 50% direct funding to competition/travelling expenses and fund training (other expenses may be taken into account on merit). The other 50% is for non-financial support in the form of a tailored support service programs like conditioning and strength, sports nutrition and physiotherapy
In order to be eligible for the scholarships, students must meet the following entrance requirements:
- Must be UK, EU or overseas students
- Students must be competing in a Sport England recognized sport. However, students are also allowed to be an undergraduate or postgraduate student from UK, EU or abroad and studying in any year of their courses
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have the correct level of English language competency to study in the UK in order to obtain a Tier 4 student visa. The requirements vary depending on whether applicants are students who wish to study a bachelor’s or master’s degree or students applying to study a pre-sessional or Foundation English program.
In order to apply for the scholarship, students must download the application form here. Submit your application form to [email protected]. The closing date for the Sports scholarships at Coventry University is on August 31st 2018 and no late application will be taken into consideration.
Note that, there is no guarantee that your scholarship can be renewed. Students will need to make a fresh application every year by writing a 500 word statement detailing their sporting performance during the last 12 months.
Should you need any further information, you can visit the university website here. Keep in mind that all information about the 2018 scholarships may be subject to change.