Students who wish to pursue a postgraduate program now have the opportunity to apply for the Kupe leadership scholarships at the university of Auckland. There are up to 20 scholarships being offered for the academic year 2018/2019. The award is open for all subjects offered by the university. Read more if you’re interested!
The University of Auckland, New Zealand is the top and highest ranked university in the country with its impressive global reputation amongst both employers as well as academics. The Kupe leadership scholarships at the university of Auckland provides students with an opportunity to enrich a year of their postgraduate studies. There are up to 20 awards that will be given to students. Students who have excellent academic achievement as well as demonstrated leadership potential are eligible to apply. The award is for one academic year for full time students. The scholarship will involve a three-day orientation starting in early March; a one-day workshop in the inter-semester break along with a concluding day-long workshop in November; and two two-day workshops every mid-semester day. Qualified students will also be required to attend presentations from a various range of leaders in the course of the year. Students will also apply and develop their leadership skills as well as have the opportunity to work as a group on the Kupe cohort project. Additionally, the successful students will be awarded either a $ 10,000 or $ 22,000 stipend along with on-campus self-catered studio accommodation to the value of $ 14,100 at 55 Symonds Street.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, students must complete their application in two steps:
- Apply for admission to a postgraduate diploma, postgraduate honours or master’s program for the 2019 academic year here
- Apply for the Kupe scholarship. Students will not be able to access the application form if they have not completed the admission application. Apply for the scholarship here
How to Apply
The closing date for the Kupe leadership scholarships at the university of Auckland is on August 24th 2018 on Friday at midnight. Students are encouraged to read through the application form thoroughly so as to be clear about everything which is compulsory before commencing the scholarship application process.
Students will be required to upload the following documents as part of your online application:
- CV details
- One referee who is able to write about your community activities, your potential as well as capabilities as a leader In some sphere of activity
- One referee who is an academic under whom you have recently studied at university
- Any transcripts that are not from the University of Auckland which include your academic results of full-time graded study (most recent 2 year full time study). Please upload this directly to the application form.
Please visit the online application portal and click on the “apply now” button.
Eligible candidates will be forwarded to the New Zealand Leadership Institute after the closing date of the application. Two Kupe leadership selection panels will decide both long and short list of applicants. Candidates who are shortlisted will be subjected to a personal interview. More information can be found here