If you have a passion for sports and want to pursue a bachelor’s degree within the said field, then apply for the Sports scholarships at University of Mauritius now. This program aims to help both domestic and international students financially in order to achieve their dreams. Students commencing to study for the 2018/2019 intake are eligible to apply.
The University of Mauritius is the largest and oldest university in Mauritius. This year, sporting athletes that can show true potential are invited to apply for the Sports scholarships at University of Mauritius. The funding program is reserved for students who have enrolled as full time students for undergraduate degree non-tuition fee paying program. This award is available for the academic year 2018-19. Every beneficiary of both female and male candidates will receive an allowance of Rs 25,000. The quantum will be paid to qualified students on a one off payment method and it will only be tenable for one academic year only.
Note that, despite the title specifically mentioned sports, the scholarship is open to the Mauritius University students who are enrolled in any faculty of both genders. This award is essentially aimed at students who have excelled in Sporting Fields in an academic year as well as students who have achieved CPA at least 45%.
The university will take into account a Code of Conduct or Ethics of Sportswoman and Sportsman that has been designed.
in order to be considered during evaluation process, it is your responsibility as a candidate to make sure you meet all the minimum entry requirements as stipulated by the University.
- Candidates should not be recipients of any other scholarship, grant or any kind of financial assistance in the same Academic Year
- Candidates should not be older than 27 years old by the deadline of this scholarship call.
- Candidates must be registered students at the university
Candidates who show interest in applying for the Sports scholarships at University of Mauritius must complete the application process no later than September 12, 2018. Submission received after the fixed closing date will not be taken into account.
You can obtain the application form by downloading it from the University of Mauritius website
Alternatively, the form can also be obtained from the Sports Unit Office of the University of Mauritius. The form must be duly complete and submitted to the same Sports Unit Office where the form can be obtained.
Applicants must provide proof of the aforementioned eligibility requirements (where applicable). The University of Mauritius holds the right not to award the scholarship.
Your application must also be accompanied by certified copies of the following documents
- Birth certificate
- National ID card and student’s ID card
- Academic certificates such as GCE/SC ‘O’/GCE/HSC advanced level
- Proof of enrolment/offer of a seat for a duly-accredited BSc degree or diploma course at the university. This also includes details of tuition, enrolment and any associated fees
- Proof of a recommendation letter from the Ministry of Youth and Sport as well as Sports Federation
- A testimonial that certifies student’s registration at a certain centre/faculty
If you can’t provide certain certified photocopies, you should bring along the copies and original documents. All the original documents will be returned after the copies have been certified.