International students who wish to pursue either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree through online study are now welcome and encouraged to apply for the Online Study Bursaries at University of Southern Queensland. There are up to 5 bursaries available for deserving students in Semester 3, 2018. The awards are open to study all areas offered by the University.
The University of Southern Queensland ranks at number 1 in the entire Queensland area in terms of graduate employability. The university is a leading institution in blended and online education. It is renowned for providing supportive environment as well as student-focused commitment to teaching and learning. The universities have two faculties as well as specialist sections that offer a supportive environment for its students to excel in their learning voyages. The university also offers up to 700 specialised professional courses and it has over 27,500 students coming from all around the world. In other words, the University of Southern Queensland is a supportive, modern as well as cosmopolitan higher institution situated in the centre of most vibrant cities in Australia where students from all backgrounds and countries are all welcome. The Online Study Bursaries at University of Southern Queensland are offered for international students wishing to pursue a higher degree qualifications (either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree) through online study. The bursaries are not limited to specific fields of study. The awards are available for all study programs.
Up to five qualified candidates will receive an award amounting to AUD 5,000 in value each. The awards will be credited directly to the successful candidates’ USQ student accounts after census date in third semester of 2018 as a contribution towards the tuition cost of first semester in 2019. Note that, it is the students’ responsibility to pay their third semester fees upfront (2018).
In order to be eligible, students must ensure they satisfy all the following entry requirements below so as to guarantee that their applications will be taken into consideration during evaluation process by the committee.
- Candidates must be international students
- Candidates must not be sponsored students
- Candidates must be commencing students
- Candidates must be studying online
- Candidates must be studying in Semester 1 in 2019 and in Semester 3 in 2018
- Candidates must be enrolled in at least one study unit for semester 3 in 2018
- Candidates must be studying an Award Program at the University of Southern Queensland. Students who are studying cross institutional or those who not studying Professional Development courses are not eligible for this scholarship call
- Students must have achieved at least a GPS of 4.0 for the third semester in 2018
- If English is not your first language, it will usually be required to provide proof of an English proficiency skill results by the university
How to Apply
Interested applicants must commence their application for the Online Study Bursaries at University of Southern Queensland completing an application form no later than the closing date on November 23, 2018 at 5:00 (AEST).
More information can be found here.