Students who wish to pursue their master’s degree in Cinematography are welcome to apply for the ABC John Bean ACS Memorial scholarships at Griffith University. International students are eligible to apply. If this is where your passion lies, complete your submission today!
Situated in South East Queensland, Griffith University is a public research university established in 1971. The University first opened its doors in 1975 and introduced the first degrees in Asian studies and environmental science in Australia.
Excellence students with passion and skills in cinematography now have the opportunity to apply for the ABC John Bean ACS Memorial scholarships at Griffith University. This scholarship call is intended to support the ongoing study of talented students in the field of cinematography. This program will have a focus on documentary.
The award will have value of $ 25,000 and will be paid in instalments. Qualified students will also have the opportunity to take up an intensive 6 week internship with the ABC News camera crew. The scholarships will be issued in two payments ($ 16,500 in 2019 and the remaining amount for 2020) and will be directed to students’ nominated bank accounts. It will take place after the first trimester census date for every year of study. The remaining $ 8,500 will be tenable provided the successful completion of, or every effort made to complete, the internship period in students’ first year.
Note that the internship dates are to be mutually agreed. They must be scheduled prior to the University Census dates. The ideal times for internships are either July to October or February to May, according to program production. Students can complete the internship in any national location. Accommodation and travel costs are students’ responsibility.
- Candidates must have obtained an undergraduate degree in film or any of its relevant field, accompanied by a proven track record in cinematography
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to cinematography as their main focus of their career
- Candidates must be full time students
- Candidates must be enrolled or enrol in the Masters of Screen
- Candidates from disadvantaged and diverse communities are greatly welcome
- If English is not your first language, the University requires you to have good level of spoken and written English
To be considered for the ABC John Bean ACS Memorial scholarships at Griffith University, candidates must complete their online application here and complete the following sections in their application:
Tertiary education records – candidates must have obtained a bachelor’s degree in film or equivalent with a proven track record in cinematography
- Career aims and goals – your career aspirations
- Experiences – detail your commitment to the craft as well as your desire for camera work and cinematography to be the focus of your career
Please upload the following supporting documentation section by using one of these formats: excel, pdf, word, or jpeg.
- A CV that includes details of your creative work to date along with your education as well as employment history (optional)
- Other relevant attachments – attach details of your portfolio
The University will accept submissions until November 21, 2018 at 5:00 PM.