International students wishing to attend their doctoral degree programs are now welcome to apply for the PhD scholarships at Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics in Germany. This scholarship call aims to support doctoral candidates financially so that they can concentrate on their study programs, research as well as their field projects. There are up to six awards offered for the October 2019 admissions.
Situated in Germany, the Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics is a non-profit Think Tank that offers training in ethics to future and current leaders to equip them with systematic schemes of decision-making and analysis that are applicable in everyday work situations. This independent institution takes a global outlook whose training being based on a long-standing tradition of academic research. The certain formats they offer include dialogue processes, seminars and teaching as well as research projects in cooperation with higher education institutions.
For the October 2019 admissions, the institution offers six PhD scholarships at Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics. This award call is available for pursuing the doctoral program ‘Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business’. Interested students must make sure their dissertation projects fit the thematic focus of the PhD program as well as the research interests of the supervisors (professors). Candidates should familiarise themselves with the professors’ research interests available on the aforementioned link.
The scholarships include a membership in the doctoral program as well as a monthly stipend amounting to EUR 1,350. Two awards are financed by the Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft and the rest by the Karl Schlecht Foundation. The awards also include the following benefits:
- Provision of working space at the Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics
- Reimbursement of travel as well as accommodation costs incurred for meetings and courses of the study program / field projects outside of Lutherstadt Wittenberg.
In order to be eligible for the award, candidates must satisfy all of the following entry requirements:
- Candidates must meet the doctoral program’s entry requirements and must have been accepted into the PhD program
- Candidates must not be the recipients of another funding program intended for the same project from a private or public institution, including any kind of scholarship from a foundation
- Candidates’ secondary earnings must be within the acceptable thematic, time-constricted as well as financial conditions that have been outlined clearly above
- If English isn’t your first language, please provide evidence of your English proficiency
How to Apply
Please include the following documents within your application:
- An academic reference letter
- A motivation letter that must be written in English and mustn’t exceed 1000 word count
- A CV or personal data sheet and can be written either in English or German
- Exposé of your research idea (in English or German and 5000 word count max.)
- Copies of master’s, bachelor’s, magister and/or diploma certificates or a provisional certificate with all individual grades relevant for examination as well as final grade
- Employment and internship certificates as well as proof/certification of voluntary work (if applicable)