The new Ampere Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de Lyon, in France, provide overseas students with the opportunity to pursue their master’s degree. This program is open for the courses starting in September 2019. Ergo, apply before January 10, 2019 if you are interested!
The Ecole Normale Superieure (ENS) de Lyon was built on the tradition of the ENS de Fotenay-Saint-Cloud. This elite public institution situated in French was established in 1880 and focuses on educational research. The institution trains researchers, professors, senior civil servants as well as political and business leaders. Students pick their courses and split their time between research and training in sciences and humanities. ENS de Lyon is, as a matter of fact, part of the Universite de Lyon. It supports quality research that has gained it a Fields medal as well as a lot of CNRS medals. The institution encourages interdisciplinary studies as a way to foster a better understanding of complex contemporary issues.
The ENS de Lyon along with its partners are proud to announce the Ampere Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de Lyon for excellent foreign students who wish to enrol into their master’s programs in the Exact Sciences, Human and Social Sciences and the Arts, excluding FEADep Master’s programs.
Qualified students will be granted this award for a predetermined duration. The award is worth EUR 1,000 in value and will be paid every month to the successful students at the end of the month for one or two academic years. Note that, the acceptance and awarding of this scholarship include the obligation for the scholars to comply with the internal rules as well as regulations of the Institution and to take part with assiduity in the activities stipulated in the Master’s program, particularly to take all the examinations.
- Candidates must be international students
- Candidates must commence their master’s degree at ENS de Lyon in September 2019
- Candidates whose first language isn’t English must provide proof of English proficiency
Here’s the description of the master’s programs taught in French and here’s the information on English-taught master’s programs along with language proficiency requirements.
How to apply
The Institution is accepting applications for this scholarship call until January 10, 2019 at 11:59 PM (Time at Lyon, France).
Please commence the scholarship application by filling out the online application form. This form must be accompanied by the following documents that must be uploaded at the same time the online form is uploaded.
- A motivation letter
- A CV
- Two referee forms from professors that have close knowledge of candidates’ work
- Certified copies of University degrees (in English or French, e.g. a bachelor’s degree)
- A transcript of candidates’ grades for their present and past studies (in English or French)
- Candidates applying for a master’s program in the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences or Language or Exact Sciences, please pay attention to the additional requirements here
In case you need further information or have any queries regarding the Ampere Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de Lyon, please reach via email to [email protected]