Approximately 50 International Undergraduate scholarships at University of Melbourne are now open for applications. Overseas students of all nationalities can apply for this incredible opportunity. This is your chance to fulfil financial obligations to pursue your bachelor’s degree!
The University of Melbourne was founded in 1853. This public spirited institution is situated in Melbourne, Australia and is proud of its distinctive contributions to society in engagement, research as well as learning and teaching. The University is constantly placed among the leading universities in the world. The International rankings of world universities places the University of Melbourne as the number 1 University in Australia. It is ranked at 32 in the world according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-18.
The University relies on its distinctive Melbourne experience to help graduates become thoughtful, well-rounded and skilled professionals so that they can make a positive impact in the world. The research conducted at the University helps solve economic, social and environmental challenges the world is facing nowadays as well as into the future. The University is tightly connected with its communities, at home and of course around the globe. This connection enriches the university’s teaching, learning and research.
This year, international students are welcome to apply for 50 International Undergraduate scholarships at University of Melbourne. This program intends to award high achieving overseas students in recognition of their outstanding academic results. The award is worth $ 56,000 in value and is available for all study areas offered by the University of Melbourne.
The scholarships will provide either a:
- 100% fee remission for three year duration of students’ undergraduate programs,
- 50% fee remission for the three year duration of students’ undergraduate programs, or
- $ 10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of students’ undergraduate programs
In order to be entitled to this award call, students need to:
- Have received an offer to study an undergraduate program at the University of Melbourne
- Be a citizen of any country except New Zealand and Australia. Permanent residents of Australia are not eligible for this call.
- Have achieved excellent final year school results, for example:
- A minimum of 97% in an approved foundation program
- At least four A* grades in GCE A levels
- At least a score of 43 in IB (International Baccalaureate
- Not have undertaken any tertiary studies in the past prior to applying for this call, excluding extension studies that have been completed as part of a year 12 program.
Candidates will be selected based on academic merit. Applicants will also be ranked according to their results that have been achieved in their final year of high school in order to determine the value of the award.
Note that, the scholarship is subject to the Coursework Scholarship Conditions.
How and When to Apply
Interested candidates do not need to complete a separate application for 50 International Undergraduate scholarships at University of Melbourne. Qualified students will automatically be considered for the award. Therefore, if you are interested in this scholarship, make sure to apply for admission before the respective deadline.
Successful applicants will be acknowledged within four to five weeks after they have received a course offer.