Zhejiang University, under the mandate of the Ministry of Education of China (MOE), is pleased to offer the new Chinese Government scholarships— Chinese University program 2019 for all non-Chinese citizens. This call is open for interested candidates wishing to pursue any postgraduate studies (Master or Doctoral) offered by the University. Read on to find out more!
Zhejiang University is one of the top higher education institutions in China. It is also one of the oldest universities in the country, with its roots dating back to 1897. This year, the Ministry of Education aims to develop remarkable and high achieving international talent and enhance the perception of China’s higher education through the Chinese Government scholarships— Chinese University program 2019. The awards can be taken at Zhejiang University.
Qualified students will receive:
- Coverage for tuition waiver
- Free accommodation on campus
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Stipend (will be granted in line with the relevant standard)
Please go to the Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships page for more details.
Categories of eligible candidates and scholarship duration:
- Master’s students: 2 – 3 academic years
- PhD students: 3 – academic years
It should be noted that candidates who apply for courses taught in Chinese must possess a good command of Chinese language. Should your Chinese proficiency have yet to reach the requirements of the institution for professional learning (see Section III here), you must take one year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test before commencing your studies. Applicants who take the one year remedial Chinese language courses will receive extension for the scholarship duration correspondingly.
Candidates are strongly advised to contact their prospective supervisors before applying (click here to find college/department’s webpage) and are expected to attach this form within their application.
- Must not be Chinese citizen
- Must be healthy
- Must not be graduates from any Chinese universities (graduated less than one year ago) or registered as a student in any Chinese universities at the time of application
- Doctoral applicants must be under 40 and have obtained a master’s degree
- Master’s applicants must be under 35 and have obtained a bachelor’s degree. Candidates with bachelor’s degree diplomas attained from Zhejiang University’s international partner universities or ARWU’s ranking of Top 500 World Universities are welcome to apply.
- Must possess a competitive academic record
- Must possess strong scientific research ability
- Must not be beneficiaries of any other grants
- Candidates applying for Chinese-instructed programs of history, literature, education, philosophy and law should possess a HSK certificate level five/higher, or a level four HSK certificate with score at least 210. Candidates applying for other Chinese-instructed programs should possess a HSK certificate level five/higher or a level four HSK certificate with score at least 190. Candidates applying for English-taught programs don’t need to meet any Chinese language proficiency requirements. However, if your first language isn’t English, you must provide IELTS test score 6.5/higher or internet-based TOEFL with score 90/higher
Application deadline for Chinese Government scholarships— Chinese University program 2019 is on March 31, 2019. Visit this page to see all the required materials and where to apply.