Applications are now open for the HYMS Research Fellowship at University of York. The program is available in the field of Immunology. It’s funded by the Hull York Medical School and international students of all nationalities are welcome to apply. Read on if interested!
The University of York was established on principles of equality, excellence and opportunity for all. It was first opened in 1963 with only 230 students. Since then, the university has become one of the leading universities in the world, carving out a reputation as an academic powerhouse where a clear focus on excellence has secured both international and national recognition alongside longer-established institutions.
This year, the university is pleased to announce the HYMS Research Fellowship at University of York as a way to provide a stepping stone for a highly motivated as well as able to early career immunologist to move towards an independent, fully-established and externally-funded research career. The scholarship is worth £ 39, 609 to £ 48, 676 annually. The HYMS Research Fellowship at University of York offers salary along with a generous support allowance for consumables, equipment, conference attendance and travel for a fixed terms of two years.
The qualified student will be expected to pursue an independent program of innovative research and, by the end of the first year, or early in the second year, to apply for an externally-funded intermediate fellowship. These fellowship schemes are for instance offered by several charitable foundations, all the UK research councils, including the Wellcome Trust.
- First degree
- Doctorate or equivalent in immunology or relevant discipline
- A minimum of two years of experience after PhD
- Research expertise in an area that enhances and complements the department’s research as well as impact strategies
- Knowledge of an appropriate range of research techniques as well as methodologies
- Knowledge of immunology suitable to involve in high quality research
- Abilities, skills and competencies
- Highly developed communication skills to participate effectively in a wide ranging audience, including academics from other disciplines and non-academics and the public, both orally and in writing, using a range of media
- Skills in leadership as well as taking responsibility for an independent research project
- Skills in persuading and influencing project stakeholders
- Skills in overseeing the work of others, for example in research teams or projects
- Skills in writing up research work for publication and onward dissemination
- Skills in extending, transforming and applying knowledge acquired from scholarship to research and appropriate external activities
- Skills in conducting individual and collaborative research projects
- Skills in developing research objectives, projects and proposals for own and joint research
- Skills in identifying sources of funding and contributing to the process of securing funds, with collaborators if required
How to Apply
Apply for the HYMS Research Fellowship at University of York no later than February 28, 2019 by midnight (UK local time).
Apply online here by using this reference, 7146, to find the fellowship. Then, complete the application form.
You must also upload a CV and a letter explaining how you fulfil the criteria of the job. You will also need to include three referees and their contact details.