International students who wish to pursue their doctoral degree in the United Kingdom can now apply for the new Global PhD scholarships at University of Portsmouth. The award scheme is open for the 2019-20 academic year that commences in October 2019. Up to 11 different subjects are available for the scholarships. Scroll down to find out more.
The University of Portsmouth is one of the well-known higher educational institution in the academic world. This higher educational institution is a place where everyone gets the support they need in order to achieve their best and full potential. The University is always discovering and engaging with its community and the world through the works they do beyond its hometown.
This year, the University wishes to attract more talented and high achieving doctoral students to pursue their studies in the UK through the Global PhD scholarships at University of Portsmouth. This scholarship call is a fully funded 3 year award program that covers annual tuition costs at an international rate (non-EEA). Successful students will also be awarded a yearly stipend in accordance with that offered by the Research Councils UK (rate amounting to £ 14,777 annually for the 2018/19 rate). Furthermore this scholarship scheme also covers one return flight to London during the duration of the studies.
You can apply for this call provided you are an overseas student who fall into the non-EEA category. The University is accepting applications for certain pre-approved projects in the research areas below:
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Mechanical and Design Engineering
- Languages and Linguistics
- Film, Media and Communication
- Dental Academy
- Cosmology and Gravitation
- Business and Management
- Biological Sciences
- Art, Design and Performance
- Accounting, Economics and Finance
See here for more details.
Please follow the necessary steps below if you wish to commence your application for the Global PhD scholarships at University of Portsmouth.
- Choose a subject area you are interested in from the list above. By clicking on the list provided above, you will find more information on important things, such as entry requirements for each subject area.
- Then, you need to get in touch with the name project supervisor, in order to help speed up the application process, submit your CV as well as (only if applicable) an outline of your research idea as well.
Kindly note that in order to be regarded for this scholarship call, it is important that you quote the relevant project code within your application form.
You will need to apply for admission for the course prior being able to apply for a scholarship. Head over to this page to apply. The required documents you will need during your admission application include:
- A research proposal
- A personal statement
- A CV
- Proof of English language test (for applicants whose first language isn’t English)
- Details of two referees or two references on official headed paper. One of which must be an academic reference
- Proof of first degree and grades (translated copies and officially certified if not in English)
Applications for this call will be closed after February 17, 2019 on a Sunday at midnight.