If you wish to pursue your undergraduate studies but financial obligations hinder your dreams then apply for the Mayfair Court Residential scholarships at University of Waikato. This program is open to all candidates who are either already enrolled as or intending to enrol as a full time student in an undergraduate program. If you are one of them, apply today!
Situated in Hamilton, New Zealand, the University of Waikato is a comprehensive higher educational institution with a vision to enhance teaching and leadership practice. This university is a persistent climber in the most prestigious global rankings, such as the QS World University Rankings where it has risen 127 places in five years. Its campus are bursting with energy and life and has smaller class sizes, affordable living, and better access to lecturers along with dozens of student clubs.
This year, the University wishes to attract more high-achieving students to enrol in their undergraduate programs. Therefore, they have established the Mayfair Court Residential scholarships at University of Waikato. This call is designed to help students who have proven academic potential, whose financial conditions are severely constrained, or for whom there are other extraordinary circumstances which make accommodation at the University residence demonstrably beneficial to their academic progress. This scholarship call is available for all school leavers to study at undergraduate level. There is no limitation to subject areas. All undergraduate programs offered by the University are eligible for this award. The scholarship itself is awarded in the form of accommodation credit of up to $ 8,000.
- Be an international student or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have obtained a level of academic excellence of:
- School leavers: a minimum of Merit in NCEA Level 3 results
- Current university students (2nd year or above): have received a minimum of B average in the preceding year of study
- Commence study in the first semester of the year of the scholarship
- Students must reside in Mayfair Court Apartments in Tauranga in 2019
Applications for this call are invited until February 15, 2019.
Should you be interested in applying, please apply here. Along with the application form, you must also:
- Attach a copy of your level 3 NZQA school results summary (for first year candidates who have yet to complete enrolment)
- Arrange a character reference
- Provide a statement outlining your hardship criteria and any proof of any other extraordinary personal circumstances that support your application
- Include a short CV (no longer than two A4 pages)
The University of Waikato holds the right to collect further financial proof if required.
The offer of the Mayfair Court Residential scholarships at University of Waikato must be accepted by the date indicated in the offer. This award will have a maximum tenure of one year and it must be taken up in the year it is offered.
Should you need further information regarding the scholarship:
Te Mata Kairangi School of Graduate Research
The University of Waikato
Private Bag 3105, Hamilton 3240
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +64 7 858 5096