Individuals who wish to undertake their master’s course in the United Kingdom are now presented with the opportunity to apply for the Commonwealth Shared scholarship scheme 2019. This scholarship call aims to help outstanding students from least developed as well as lower middle income countries. If you think you might be eligible, apply today!
Funded by the UK Department for International Development, the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship program aims to help high achieving students from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries to pursue their full time master’s study on certain courses. This program is also jointly supported by UK Universities. This scholarship scheme enables motivated and talented individuals to gain the skills and knowledge required for sustainable development and is aimed at those who cannot afford to study in the UK.
This scholarship call does not cover PhD study, undergraduate courses or any pre-sessional English language teaching.
The award is offered under 6 themes:
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Science and technology for development
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by one of the eligible Commonwealth countries. A British Protected Person is also eligible. Candidates must also be a permanent residence in that country.
- Be available to commence their studies in September or October 2019
- Must hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard by October 2019, or a second class degree and a master’s degree or a relevant postgraduate qualification. If you are applying for your second master’s degree, provide your justification as well
- Be unable to afford to study in the United Kingdom without this award
- Must not have worked or studied for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
This Commonwealth Shared scholarship scheme 2019 aims to recognise talented students who have the potential to make change.
Students are allowed to apply to study one of the eligible taught master’s courses. Note that it’s important to secure admission to your desired course prior to applying for this call.
Applications for this award must be made using the CSC’s online application system.
You are strongly encouraged to take a look at the sample application form as some sort of guidance prior to applying.
Once you are ready, you can then submit your online application.
Kindly note that you have the freedom to apply for more than one course and/or to more than one UK institutions. However, you may only accept one offer of this Commonwealth Shared scholarship scheme 2019.
Please submit your application no later than March 14, 2019 at 16:00 (GMT).
Should you wish to find out more about the full terms and conditions – including more details on the scholarship themes, general conditions and value of the award you can click here.
If you have any queries, you can contact them here. Rest assured that they will not use your email address for any purposes other than responding to your enquiry.