International students who wish to pursue their doctoral degree in Italy can now apply for the PhD scholarships at IMT School. This award scheme is available to pursue “System Science” and Cognitive and Cultural System”. The award is open for the 2019/20 academic year.
IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca is a well-known and world-leading globally recognised Graduate School in Italy. The multilateral doctoral program of IMT incorporates scientific abilities of the science of economics, computer science, engineering, physics, applied mathematics, history and cultural heritage and statistics.
This year, international students who are looking to fund their doctorate program are provided with the chance to apply for the PhD scholarships at IMT School. Up to 32 scholarships will be awarded to deserving students.
The qualified students will receive free room and board as well as a research fund that amount to approx. EUR 15,300 (gross) annually. The program itself is articulated over a four year period, with the option of graduating after the 3rd year. The scholarships will be divided equally for both subjects: 16 awards for System Science and 16 awards for Cognitive and Cultural Systems.
- Successful students are exempt from paying tuition costs, though they still need to pay the yearly regional education tax (as of now EUR 140.00/year)
- Free meals for lunch and dinner at the on-campus canteen
- Free accommodation in share double rooms in the campus residential facilities
The four field-specific tracks eligible for the award are: Analysis and Management of Cultural Heritage (AMCH) and Cognitive, Computational and Social Neurosciences (CCSN), both of them are associated to the Cognitive and Cultural Systems doctoral program; Computer Science and Systems Engineering (CSSE) and Economics, Networks and Business Analytics (ENBA), affiliated with the Systems Science doctoral program.
- Must be overseas candidate
- Must be proficient in English
Candidates do not need to have a working understanding of the Italian language.
Your application must only be submitted electronically. Please fill out the compulsory application form (must register first) by providing personal data and attaching the required documentations.
Your application must be submitted here. Please apply for the PhD scholarships at IMT School no later than April 23rd, 2019.
- Names and contact information of two referees (institutional email and telephone number)
- A CV
- Copy of national ID card or passport
- Research statement
- Academic transcript or diploma supplement
Candidates must upload the documents in PDF format or any other non-modifiable standard format such as JPG, JPEG or GIF. The max size is 3 MB for every single attachment.
- Candidates must have finished and attained a degree equivalent to at least four years of university studies
- Candidates in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their degree is granted prior to enrolling at IMT
- Candidates obtaining their degree by no later than October 31st 2019 can apply
- Candidates must possess a university degree of at least four years or its full time equivalent. For an Italian degree, a Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento or a Laurea Magistrate (or Specialistica)
Once candidates are successfully admitted into their PhD program, they must submit the completed enrolment form to the IMT School in a five day timeframe from the publication of the results; using one of modalities below:
- By certified email to [email protected]
- By fax: +39 0583 4326565
- By post or in person: IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, PhD and Higher Education Office, Piazza S. Ponziano, 6 55100 Lucca- Italy