If you are looking for a development program opportunity or ways to fund your research studies then you might want to consider applying for the OWSD Early Career fellowship for overseas students 2019. This program is exclusive to female students whose expertise lies in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). If this sounds like you, then take a look at how to apply below.
OWSD is short for Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World. It is a globally recognised non-profit organization that is based in Trieste, Italy, at the offices of TWAS (The World Academy of Sciences) which is a program unit of UNESCO. Established in 1987, the organization is the first global forum to unite renowned female scientists from both the developed and developing worlds with the goal of strengthening their role in the development process as well as promoting their representation in technological and scientific leadership.
This year, OWSD is proud to offer more than 50 fellowship opportunities for deserving research students. The award is worth USD$ 50,000 in value. The qualified fellows will receive support to establish an environment at their research area in which they can maintain a global standard of research as well as attract scholars from around the globe to collaborate. This is a two year fellowship program where female scientists employed in certain developing countries will be able to continue their research at an international level while still being based at their home institutions. It is the intention of the OWSD Early Career fellowship for overseas students 2019 to support early career female scientists to take a lead in important research projects in countries which have been categorized as especially lacking in technological and scientific resources.
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology
- Chemical Sciences
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Must have resided in one of these technology and science lagging countries for at least five years. These five years don’t have to be consecutive.
- Candidates can be citizens of any country as long as the above requirement is met
- Must provide proof of being employed at the university or research institution in which the project will be conducted. You can attach proof of employment offer and confirmation if employment has yet to be carried out. The institution or university must be located in one of the aforementioned eligible countries
- Must provide proof that they will earn a salary from their institution for the duration of the fellowship
- Research proposal from fields other than STEM are not eligible
- Candidates must be a PhD in STEM and must not have graduated more than 10 years prior to application
Please apply for the OWSD Early Career fellowship for overseas students 2019 no later than April 30, 2019. No late applications will be regarded.