Are you thinking about pursuing your tertiary studies? If financial obligations get in the way of your dreams then apply for the GAST undergraduate scholarships for South African students. This call aims at providing financial support to those who are top achievers. If that sounds like you, then don’t miss your chance!
Established in 1961, GAST is a company which started out by producing waterproofing coatings for reservoirs and dams. It is based in Pretoria, South Africa, and now they provide many other services in the Construction and Civil industries. The company has strict roots in the chemical industry, such as specialty chemicals for industrial as well as cosmetic markets. The company has operation across the world, including in Australia, USA, UK, UAE, Russia, Mozambique, Bostwana, Madagascar, Zambia, Ghana and so many more.
This year, the company is proud to announce the GAST undergraduate scholarships for South African students for all top achievers who otherwise couldn’t fund their tertiary studies without this award. Students who have the desire to become part of the growing Gast team are encouraged to apply.
Scholarships are open for the following subjects (BTech qualifications, BSc or BEng):
- Quantity Surveying
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Construction or Building Management
Qualified students will benefit from the scholarships in terms of the tuition and registration fees, exam fees, travelling expenses and prescribed textbooks.
Upon graduation, students will also be required to take up employment at Gast. One year of work is required for every year the scholarship awarded.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by Gast and invited to attend a selection interview along with taking part in industry related tests.
Are You Eligible?
Before submitting an application, you must make sure that you fulfil the following minimum entry requirements so as to make sure that your submission will be regarded.
- You must be either a South African citizen or permanent resident
- You must have completed matric with maths and science
- You must have achieve and maintain at least average of 70%
- You must intend on studying or be currently studying as a full time student in one of the above mentioned fields at a recognised South African university or university of technology
If you would like to apply for the GAST undergraduate scholarships for South African students, you must provide the following documents in your application. Kindly note that the submission of these materials is compulsory and failure to attach all of these documents will lead to your application not being considered.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of matric certificate
- Latest academic results
- Proof of university acceptance or enrolment into your desired field of study
- Proof of any other qualifications
- A fully detailed CV
- A motivation letter which must outline your reason why you deserve this grant
Your application must be directed via email to [email protected].
You are allowed to submit your application at any time for there isn’t any specific closing date for this call.
For more information, contact the scholarship provider via:
Tel: 012 660 1616
Email: [email protected]