Hulamin is now inviting applications for a scholarship call 2019. Students who wish to further their education and would like to pursue a tertiary qualification are welcome and encouraged to apply. This call aims at providing financial assistance to those who otherwise couldn’t fund their studies without the help of the Hulamin scholarship South Africa 2019.
The history of Hulamin dates back to 1935 when Alcan (Aluminium Limited of Canada) first started a sales office within the country. It was not until 1940 that the Aluminium Company of South Africa came into being. The South African branch is now of the biggest largest semi-fabricators and fabricators of aluminium products in South Africa. The manufacturer is responsible for supplying a wide range of top-notch products all over the country and across the rest of the world. Aluminium is a very versatile as well as extensively used material which can be found in pretty much major industries, including: Transport; automotive; building; electrical; packaging; general engineering and renewable energy.
This year, the company is proud to announce the Hulamin scholarship South Africa 2019. This offer is open to South African students who wish to pursue their tertiary studies in one of the following fields:
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
The scholarships will cover the following costs: tuition and registration fees, prescribed books, meals, accommodation, along with cash allowance per year.
Shortlisted students will receive a notification and will be asked to attend an interview. If you have yet to be acknowledged for this by October 31 2019, then you may assume your application as unsuccessful.
Interested candidates must satisfy the following eligibility criteria prior to submitting an application. Kindly note that if you fail to meet all these requirements then your application will not be regarded.
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside in the Pietermaritzburg or the surrounding regions
- Must be from a previously disadvantage background
- Must have completed matric or be a current matric student
- Must achieved the following results in matric (for candidates entering Engineering studies): at least a B symbol in Physical Science, English and Maths, or
- Must achieved the following results in matric (for candidates entering Chartered Accounting studies): at least a B symbol in Accountancy and English
- Must intend on studying in one of the aforementioned fields and meet the entry requirements for the particular field
How to Apply
Interested applicants may commence their applications for the Hulamin scholarship South Africa 2019 by completing this application form.
Along with the compulsory application form, applicants must also forward clear copies of the following:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of matric June exam report or results
- Exam results (complete academic record)
- Certified copies of any related qualification certificates
- A full CV
- Proof of any other tertiary funding
Forward your application form via one of these acceptable ways:
- Email: [email protected]
- Hand Delivery: Moses Mabhida Road, Edendale, Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
- Post: PO BOX 74, Pietermaritzburg, 3200
There is no specific closing date for this call as the applications are open all year round. Therefore, you are welcome to apply at any time!