Do you wish to pursue your bachelor studies in New Zealand? Then you ought to check out these International First Year scholarships at University of Canterbury. This program was established as a way to support high achieving commencing overseas students. Up to 25 awards will be granted this year so don’t miss your chance!
Established in 1873, the University of Canterbury was first initially known as Canterbury College. At the time, it was only the 2nd university in New Zealand and stood in graceful stone buildings situated on a central city block. Today, the University has grown a lot and even offers over 100 qualifications in more than 80 different subject areas. The University was also awarded a five star QS ranking for globally-renowned research as well as teaching. The institution provides the candidates with an excellent educational foundation which they will be able to turn into an awesome career. The University offers various services based on students’ needs and it also provides a secure and safe campus for students.
As a way to recognise remarkable top-achieving overseas students, the International First Year scholarships at University of Canterbury are now open for applications. Up to 25 awards will be granted this year and each scholarship is tenured for one year only. The scholarship values vary between $ 20,000 and $ 10,000. Students are not limited to specific fields of study. Any full time undergraduate program offered at the University is eligible for this call.
- Candidates must be overseas students. This mean, New Zealand and Australian citizens, permanent residents or holders of New Zealand residence class visas are not eligible
- Candidates must be completing or have completed on or after January first of the year before the year of scholarship application, a university entrance-level qualification which allows entry into an undergraduate program at the University. Such students who have completed or are undertaking a program at the University of Canterbury’s International College can also apply
- By the closing date for the round in which students are applying for the scholarship (see details below), candidates must have applied for admission for a place at the University
- Candidates who have already pursued partial study in an undergraduate program at any New Zealand tertiary institution are not eligible
In making a decision for an award as well as its value, the committee will rely on the following aspects:
- Student’s quality of achievement in a program of study
- Student’s character as well as proof of leadership potential and of involvement in sport, cultural and/or community activities
- Student’s financial needs and circumstances
- Student’s strategic goals of the University
How and When to Apply
You can commence your application for the International First Year scholarships at University of Canterbury online here.
There are two closing dates for this call:
- August 15, 2019 (for overseas students who plan to study at the University of Canterbury at that date)
- October 31, 2019 (for overseas students who are studying overseas at that date)
More information is available here.