Monash University, in partnership with Robert Blackwood, is honoured to announce Honours scholarships for both Australian and overseas students. Candidates who wish to undertake their Honours course in Australia are encouraged and welcome to apply. The Robert Blackwood Partnership-Honours scholarships at Monash University are offered as a way to inspire the new research project ideas.
Monash University was established in 1958. It is now known as the second oldest higher educational institution in the entire State of Victoria. The University comprises of four local campuses. It also has an international campus situated in Malaysia and centres in India and the People’s Republic of China.
At Monash, students will be able to benefit from the extra choices which come with studying at the largest University in Australia. The University also prepares students for success and work in the future.
This year the Museums Victoria and Monash University collaborated to offer the Robert Blackwood partnership. This scholarship call aims to facilitate and encourage new research project initiatives as well as ideas which will result in high impact significant external funding and collaborations. As part of the collaboration, qualified students will also be able to apply for a scholarship to cover fees associated to the project.
Up to two Robert Blackwood Partnership-Honours scholarships at Monash University are offered this year and each award is worth $ 1,500 in value. One award will be reserved for the Humanities and Social Sciences and the other one is for the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) studies.
The selection criteria will rely on academic achievement. Only candidates who are undertaking an Honours research project at Museums Victoria’s collection or in association with a researcher of that Museum.
- Must be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder or an international student
- Must be continuing or commencing undergraduate studies as a full time student who is enrolled in an Honours program
- Must plan to work on a project which is either substantially focused on some aspects of collection at Museums Victoria or co-supervised by Museums Victoria or Monash
Applications for the Robert Blackwood Partnership-Honours scholarships at Monash University will close on April 8, 2019. Please complete the application form to apply.
- Your application shouldn’t exceed 2 A4 pages in length with 12 point font. It must detail the project, its significance to Museums Victoria’s collections and research activities, budget requested and intended outcomes. The budget should outline clearly the fees as they relate to the project. The scholarships will not be provided for parking, salaries, thesis binding or other expenses that aren’t directly relevant to the proposed research project. Don’t forget to include a plain English summary of the proposed research area along with intended outcomes of your project
- A one page written recommendation (A4) from the Honours supervisor regarding the project quality
Should you have any queries, please reach via email at [email protected] or phone at (03) 9905 1538.
Please visit the scholarship’s website to see the terms in order to maintain the award.