The Air Traffic and Navigation Services (ATNS) is pleased to offer several scholarships to deserving South African students. This program will provide qualified students with the opportunity to develop many important skills needed in order to pursue a specific field of study. To find out more about the Air Traffic and Navigation Services scholarship call 2019, read on!
The Air Traffic and Navigation Services SOC Limited is known as the expert in navigation, air traffic along with training and other associated services in South Africa. Its services are also used across a huge portion of the Southern Indian and Atlantic Ocean. ATNS’s vision is to be the go-to supplier in Africa for Air Traffic Management solutions as well as in certain global markets. The ATNS Aviation Training Academy provides their members with Engineering Training and Air Traffic Services, along with providing safety-related and aviation-related curses all over the Middle East and Africa.
This year, the Air Traffic and Navigation Services scholarship call 2019 are open for applications. This scheme has three scholarship programs, namely:
- The Air Traffic Control Office
- The Aeronautical Information Management Officer
- The Air Traffic Services Officer
The scholarship will also provide students with three major phases, including:
- ATS Validation – practical on the job training
- ATS Rating Course – a practical course to compliment students’ theoretical training
- Core Content Course – 21 week theoretical foundation course
This program will enable students to get and develop a lot of important skills need for this specific field of study. It also includes aeronautical surveying, communications, data management, NOTAM, flight-planning, flight procedural design and charting as well as so many more.
This program will provide coverage for the following fees: transportation, a monthly allowance, meals, shared accommodation fees (to be arranged by ATNS) and ATS Core Content Course tuition costs.
Qualified candidates will render their studies at the Bonaero Park-based (ATNS Aviation Training Academy). During their study period, students will be required to pass all courses so that the scholarship will continue.
- Must be South African citizens
- Must be between 18 and 33 years of age
- Must be either in matric or have completed matric
- Must have achieved at least a C symbol or D one or level four for English and Maths
- Must be fit medically
Furthermore, candidates must also possess these personal skills:
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Quick decision-making skills
- Problem solving skills
To apply for the Air Traffic and Navigation Services scholarship call 2019, please head over to this page. Please submit clear copies of the following compulsory materials as part of your application:
- A CV
- Certified copy of ID
- Matric certificate if finished matric
- Matric trial exam results if still in matric
April 30, 2019 (July intake) and August 31, 2019 (September intake). If you haven’t been notified in 60 days after the stipulated deadline, assume your application as unsuccessful.
For more information, contact: The Air Traffic and Navigation Services
Tel: 0860 2867 26