Are you a student from a developing country wishing to pursue your tertiary qualification in Austria? Then consider applying for the OFID scholarships for students from developing countries. This call is available for the 2019/20 academic year and is offered by the OPEC Fund for International Development. This scholarship scheme aims to financially support academically deserving young individuals who wish to undertake their graduate studies. If you are one of them then apply today!
The OPEC Fund for International Development was formed in 1976. It is the intergovernmental development finance institution that works in collaboration with developing country partners to eliminate poverty and promote economic growth in all disadvantaged parts of the world.
This year, the OFID scholarships for students from developing countries are open for application. This call is available for individuals wishing to undertake a graduate program in any development-related field. Qualified students will be assisted in paying their tuition fees and examination fees. Furthermore, they will also receive a monthly allowance.
All academic related expenses like tuition fees and exam fees will be paid by the organisation directly to your campus. Meanwhile, your monthly allowance will be transferred to your own personal bank account. Your health insurance will be paid in line with OFID’s standard medical scheme.
- Must be between 23 and 32 years of age when applying
- Must be on the verge of completing or have finished their bachelor studies with a Baccalaureate from an accredited university or college or its equivalent
- Must have obtained at least cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher or its equivalent
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the following academic year commencing in September or August 2019 and must remain a full time student for the whole master’s program study period
- Must come from one of these countries: Venezuela, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Nigeria, Libya, Kuwait, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Gabon, Ecuador and Algeria
- Must choose a subject of study which pertains to OFID’s main missions like environment (desertification), economics of development or relevant technology and science fields
To apply, make sure that you meet all of the minimum criteria mentioned above.
Please register in the OFID scholarship online system by using your email address and fill out the application form by filling in all the requested fields. Please note that if the page stays inactive for over two hours, you may lose all your unsaved data. Therefore, make sure that you submit your application only when you have thoroughly filled out the form.
The next step of the application for the OFID scholarships for students from developing countries would be uploading all necessary and required documents such as the following:
- Two recommendation letters
- A CV
- Transcripts or certificates of the latest completed education
- An acceptance letter into a postgraduate program
- A personal essay
- Passport copy
You will have the chance to apply until April 14, 2019. All candidates will be acknowledged of their submitted application with an automated confirmation. All successful students will be notified by June 2019.