The University of Waterloo is now calling all international and Canadian students to apply for the David Johnson – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards call 2019. This program is aimed at supporting qualified and outstanding students financially to further thrive academically. This is a full time program and candidates who wish to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree in any Faculty at the University can apply.
Situated in Canada, the University of Waterloo is a public research higher educational institution which is constantly ranked as the most innovative university in Canada. It is also well-known for being very cooperative when it comes to education programs. The University offers students with academic programs that are administered by a total of 6 faculties along with 10 faculty-based schools.
Several scholarships are provided by the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Foundation each year to deserving and high-achieving graduate and undergraduate students who takes part in a global experience in Israel, including a volunteer placement, a volunteer or minimally-paid co-op work placement or a study term relevant to academic requirements. This year, the David Johnson – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards call 2019 is valued from $2,500 to $10,000 each.
The details of the scholarship benefits are as follows:
- $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience
- $2,500 for a one-term study experience
- $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience
The University will rely on academic achievement to determine qualified candidates. Furthermore, the duration and type of the experience will also factor into the decision.
- Year four
- Year three
- Year two
- Year one
There is no limitation on the specific program, all study subjects offered by the University of Waterloo are eligible for this award.
- Candidates must be international or Canadian students those who are on study permit can also apply
- Candidates must be a full time graduate or undergraduate student in any faculty within the University and wish to take part in an international experience in Israel like mentioned above
- Candidates must be in good academic standing (typically a minimum of 70% average at bachelor level and 75% at graduate level)
Award selection will occur once per term and candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
How and When to Apply
Should you be interested in applying for the David Johnson – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards call 2019, please do the following steps to submit an application:
- You must access the online application form here
- During your application, you must attach all the required documents which are detailed in the application form
Kindly note that each candidate is allowed only one submission of general application form. Please apply prior to your departure term. The closing dates for this call are on July 15 and November 15, 2019.
Should you need further details, please refer here.
Please keep in mind that this is unrelated to undergraduate students but all graduate students are highly advised to consult with the Graduate Studies Office for further application information.