Are you thinking of pursuing your postgraduate studies in Australia? Then you might want to consider applying for the Adelaide scholarships international at University of Adelaide. This call aims to assist the brightest and deserving overseas students (except New Zealand) who wish to undertake their tertiary qualification. There is only a limited number of the awards so don’t miss out on this!
The University of Adelaide was founded in 1882 with a noble objective, which was to prepare young leaders shaped by education rather than wealth or birth for South Australia in a settlement free of old world religious and social inequalities. Prior to reaching the 1900s, the higher educational institution offered degrees in music, arts, medicine, law and science. Add to that philosophy, maths, languages and mining engineering were also taught. These flagship disciplines and degrees still go on at the institution today, with the curriculum constantly changing for the better over time through input from industry, along with the pioneering discovery and research for this the University’s academics are well known.
This year, the Adelaide scholarships international at University of Adelaide are open for applications. The scholarships are available for overseas students wishing to pursue ether a master’s degree or a doctorate one. The scholarships’ benefits include:
- Course tuition costs for two years for a Master’s degree by Research or three years for a PhD research degree (an extension may be possible for PhD programs only)
- A yearly living allowance for two years for master’s or three years for PhD students
- Visa holder students (Student Visa subclass 500) will also receive compulsory standard OSHC Worldcare policy for the candidate and their spouse as well as dependents (if applicable) for the standard period of time of their student visa post thesis submission. Should the students lack a subclass 500 visa, they are responsible for the fees of health insurance
- Students must have completed successfully at least the equivalent of an Australian first class honours degree (a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Overseas students must not be in a possession of a research qualification equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if pursuing a research master’s degree, not be in a possession of a research qualification equivalent to or above the Australian research master’s degree
- Candidates can be citizens of any country except New Zealand and Australia. Permanent residents of Australia cannot apply. However, applicants who have applied for Australian permanent resident status are eligible
- Candidates who are undertaking research through remote candidature cannot apply
For more detailed information on the eligibility criteria, please head over to this page.
How and When to Apply
In order to apply for the Adelaide scholarships international at University of Adelaide applicants must submit an online application here. No payment of any kind will ever be required when applying for this call.
Kindly note that the University cannot provide an assessment of eligibility for candidature until a formal application is forwarded and evaluated.
Please apply no later than April 30, 2019.