Applications are now open for the WHO HRP Alliance Postgraduate scholarships at University of Ghana. This call aims at providing financial support to deserving and qualifying students from the African Region. If you want to study either a full time master’s program or a PhD then you may be eligible to apply.
Formed in 1984, the University of Ghana opened its gate on the recommendation of the Asquith Commission as the University College of the Gold Coast, on Higher Education in the then British colonies. It is now known as the biggest of the thirteen Ghanaian public higher educational institutions. The University consists of a few research institutions along with centres for research and learning. The University of Ghana also has a graduate school of nuclear as well as Allied Sciences. Students have the opportunity to receive practical support and advice to help them achieve their career goals. The University also offers many opportunities for students to develop a wide range of skills so that they can grow in confidence.
Commencing master’s and doctoral students are now invited to apply for WHO HRP Alliance Postgraduate scholarships at University of Ghana. In collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) Human Reproduction Program (HRP) Alliance, the University of Ghana School of Public Health is offering scholarships for full-time postgraduate students with focus on Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Implementation Research. Those who will begin their 2019/20 academic year in August 2019 are welcome to apply.
- PhD students: 48 months (full time)
- Master’s students: 12 months (full time) in Public Health
- Candidates must be citizens of one of these countries
- Candidates should be under 35 normally for master’s program and under 40 for doctoral degree
- Candidates affiliated to WHO Human Reproductive Program Partner Institutions are highly recommended to apply
- Candidates must fulfil the standard University’s admission criteria for both overseas and local graduate students and have obtained admission to the University
- Full tuition fees
- Full research fees towards thesis or dissertation
- Return economy airfare between the home country of their students and Accra, Ghana
- Monthly stipend to cover living costs including accommodation, equivalent to local living expenses
Should you be interested in applying for the WHO HRP Alliance Postgraduate scholarships at University of Ghana, please submit the following important materials via email to [email protected]
- An application form (must be fully filled). It can be obtained here or on the University’s website
- A full CV
- A personal statement
- Two references which should be emailed by the referees directly to the above mentioned email address
- Proof of submission of University admission to a relevant postgraduate program at Ghana
Kindly note that the awarding of this grant is subject to obtaining admission to the University. Correspondence will be limited to qualified candidates only.
The latest you can apply for this call is on April 12, 2019 and qualifying exam will take place on May 24, 2019. The result of this scholarship will be available to public by June 15, 2019.