Are you looking for funding to undertake your PhD program? Then you might want to consider applying for the Doctoral scholarships in Chemical Engineering at RMIT University. Both overseas and Australian students are allowed and welcome to apply should they be interested. Don’t miss out on this chance because this could be your lucky break!
RMIT opened its gate to the public in 1887. As of today, it is famous for being one of the leading public research universities in Australia. The University is situated in Melbourne, and it actually started out as a night school which offered classes in technology, science and art. The emergence of the institution was also due to become a response to the ongoing industrial revolution at the time. RMIT University is also well-known for being a global university of design, technology and enterprise. The University offers a wide array of courses in different programs. RMIT is the biggest dual-sector education provided in the entire Australia.
This year, the University is seeking qualified and outstanding doctoral students to work on research scholarship. The Doctoral scholarships in Chemical Engineering at RMIT University is funded by CSIRO and the project will be entitled “Techno-economic evaluation tools development for hydrogen energy systems”. The students will be part of CSIRO experimental teams to evaluate and study the existing technologies on hydrogen energy systems. They will also have the chance to develop the system model by employing the process flowsheeting software (e.g. Aspen plus) along with spreadsheet simulations.
The award is worth up to $31,000 in value per year. It will be tenable for up to three years with a possible extension of six months (candidates must be full time students).
Prior to submitting an application, please make sure that you are fully eligible for this call by meeting all of these minimum requirements:
- Applicants must be a self-funded overseas student, Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants must be in possession of first-class honours or 2A honours (or its equivalent qualification). Alternatively, a master’s qualification by research in a related discipline of engineering is also acceptable
- Applicants who have backgrounds in chemical engineering are welcome and encouraged to apply. Kindly note that those who show excellent performance in other fields like energy or process engineering will be considered
- Applicants must be able to provide proof of good written and oral communication skills
- Applicants must fulfil entry requirements for a PhD program at the University. See here for details
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to be a team player in a multi-disciplinary research team
All interested applicants must submit contact Prof. Raj Parthasarath via email at [email protected]
Please include the following documents within the email:
- A CV which contains any publications along with contact details of two referees
- An electronic copy of academic transcripts
- A statement to explain and justify your interest
If you are an overseas student applying for the Doctoral scholarships in Chemical Engineering at RMIT University, please provide evidence of English proficiency.
There is no specific closing date for this call as the University will close the application once they have found qualified students.