If you are in need of funding for your tertiary qualification then consider applying for the Old Mutual Accounting scholarship call 2019. This program aims to support high achieving South African students who otherwise couldn’t fund their tertiary education. Everyone who is interested in pursuing a degree in Accounting is welcome to apply.
Old Mutual is one of the most famously established and largest financial service providers in South Africa. Their service caters to both individuals and businesses. Its personal finance solutions include a wide range of insurance cover options as well as savings plans for individuals, including financial planning, education planning retirement planning, investments and savings, among other things.
This year, the company is proud to announce that the Old Mutual Accounting scholarship call 2019 is open for applications. This program is open to students wishing to pursue a degree in Accounting at University of Stellenbosch, University of Cape Town, University of Pretoria or University of Witwatersrand.
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed books
- Accommodation in residence
- General allowance
- One return flight home each year form students who study outside of their hometown
Furthermore, qualified students will also be required to commit to the Old Mutual CA Training program, participate in a vacation work along with taking up employment upon graduation for a specific duration of time.
Prior to submitting an application, all interested candidates must make sure that they meet all of the following minimum entry requirements so as to ensure their application submissions will be taken into consideration.
- Applicants must be a South African citizen
- Applicants must be a black student, I.e. African, Coloured, Indian, or Chinese
- Applicants must have finished matric or be currently in matric
- Applicants must have achieved at least level 6 or 70% for all subjects in Matric. This also includes Maths and English (Not mathematical literacy)
- Applicants must be studying or intend on studying towards a tertiary qualification in Accounting at one of the aforementioned universities
- Applicants must intend on pursuing a career in Chartered Accounting
How and When to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the Old Mutual Accounting scholarship call 2019, please commence your application online here.
Please make sure that you have the following documents in handy as you may be required to submit these supporting materials. Kindly note that if there is any missing item, then your submission will be disregarded.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of grade 11 final results for applicants currently in matric
- Certified copy of final results or matric certificate for candidates who have finished matric
- Certified copy of latest tertiary academic record for applicants currently at a University level
The latest you can apply for this call is on May 30, 2019. All submissions forwarded after this date will automatically be disregarded. Therefore, it is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure a timely submission.
In case you need more information, you can direct your queries via tel at: 021 504 7285.