International students who have completed their Master degree course and wanted to continue their study to a higher degree can take part in the screening process for Doctoral Vanier Canada Funding Scholarship program. The study opportunity will take place in Canada and it opens for all Canadian and international students.
The Scholarship Description
The Doctoral Vanier Canada Funding Scholarship program is a part of Canadian’s government efforts that are encouraging and supporting international students to continue a higher degree level and pick a course in the country. They are activating the Vanier CGS funding program so qualified international students would be interested in taking a course at one of the universities in Canada.
Those who want to get their PhD level can enroll and register in the university and then go further with the application processing. This is a good opportunity for students because they can achieve brighter future as well as creating a positive effect on the society.
The value of the scholarship covers the expenses and costs reaching to $50,000 a year for the study level. The study course itself will last foraround3 years, so the financial support can be very functional and meaningful.
In order to be qualifiedfor the grant, here are the requirements that all students need to take for the Doctoral Vanier Canada Funding Scholarship
· Eligible candidates are Canadian or students coming from other countries outside of Canada
· Applicants can apply for any subject doctoral study within any university in Canada
· All applicants must not have faculty concurrently appointment with Vanier Scholarship except that they have managed an absence leave from it
· All applicants must remain enrolled and also demonstrate academic excellence or satisfactory continued progress within the doctoral program
· All applicants must not have concurrently other CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC training awards (except for Foreign Michael Smith Studies Supplement)
· All applicants must not hold (or have held) a doctoral-level fellowship or scholarship from SSHRC, NSERC, or CIHR to complete or take the doctoral degree
· All applicants whose national language isn’t English must display their knowledge of English language. They need to take English language test, such as IELTS or TOEFL, and have the written documentation as the evidence.
· All applicants are expected to enroll in the appropriate study course and degree level – and be registered as the student at the university
· All applicants should have at least 80% achievement (or the equivalent) within the last every two fulltime study years (or the fulltime study equivalent)
· All applicants must complete the application process and documentation including the extra documents like referee details, language ability proof, a research proposal, a copy of passport, the resume of the CV, and the academic transcripts copy
How to Apply
Interested candidates must follow the regulations and directions that are set by the university as well as the grant. Students are expected to reach out to the contact person to learn about the details of the application screening process and then follow everything to the letter.
There are different deadlines for the application. For Western submission application in ResearchNet, the deadline is on September the 30th 2019. For the universities to provide the nominated applications (to Vanier-Banting Secretariat), the deadline is on October the 31st 2019.
Interested applicants should check the official web at this link so they can grasp a better understanding of Doctoral Vanier Canada Funding Scholarship program.