Students with passion in Energy and have completed their Master degree program can think about going further to the PhD position and apply for Scientia UNSW PhD Position and Funding. The financial support program is designed so that the brightest and the most potential students will be encouraged to take part in the study course and research program.
The Scholarship Description
International students who want to get the opportunity to study in University of New South Wales to pursuit their PhD degree level can take part in Scientia UNSW PhD Position and Funding that will provide financial relief during their study year.
The PhD program is focusing on Intelligent Aggregation and also Control of Distributed Energy Storage Systems. The financial support program is also created to spark up interest of the brightest students within strategic research field.
There are some greatest perks offered by the scholarship as well as the university.
- There are currently 62 financial grants available. This is a great opportunity for the students as they will get the financial help for 4 years during their PhD study year at the university
- Since the financial aid program is dedicated to support the candidates in getting professional goals and career, there will be an annual support package with a value of $10,000that can be used for the development activities
- All PhD candidates will get a scholarship package reaching $41,200 a year, consisting of a living allowance for 4 years (tax-free) and also the support package up to $10,000 a year.
Here are the basic requirements for the Scientia UNSW PhD Position and Funding program:
- Eligible applicants are those coming from New Zealand, Australia, and other countries in the world as long as they can prove their citizenship
- All applicants must have a Master degree that specializes in the Advanced Control Systems Design focusing on Power Systems
- All applicants must have a previous research publication or experience in the subjects of distributed optimization, clustering methods, and distributed control system design
- All applicants must have the interest and passion within the specific research area, and it may include the identified supervisory team. They need to have the dedication to take part in the research and also to complete it.
- All applicants must complete the procedures and the application form, including providing the additional documents such as a CV, any undergraduate or Master degree certificate, previous research publication or experience, and others (depending on the requirements on the further stage).
- All applicants should have undergraduate degree (whether it is first class or the equivalent) with the subject of Advanced Control Systems or the courses that are related to renewable generations and power systems
- Candidates who are coming from non-English speaking countries must display their knowledge of English language. They need to show their proficiency and mastery in English communication by taking IELTS or TOEFL test and have the written documents as the evidence.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must enroll in the PhD study program at the university. They need to register and be students to qualify as the candidates for the scholarship. After they register and get the admission letter, they can apply for the scholarship. In order to apply, they must create a user account because the application is happening online. The deadline is on July the 12th 2019.
Interested candidates should check the official site as well as coming to this link or this link to register. They are encouraged to search for further info concerning Scientia UNSW PhD Position and Funding program before applying.