SEARCA Southeast Asians Graduate Funds is a program that is aimed to improve educational quality as well as encouraging students to reach their dream in a higher study level. This is a financial support program dedicated for Southeast Asian applicants so they would continue their Master or PhD degree level in any reputable and recommendable universities in some of the appointed countries.
The Scholarship Description
The idea of the scholarship is to encourage students to achieve higher education as SEARCA understands so well about the importance of (good) education. They have SEARCA Graduate program so Southeast Asian students would take either Master or PhD degree in any reputable universities in Thailand, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
This is considered a good chance to study in a foreign land with a full funding coverage. The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture has been around for more than 3 decades. They understand that good education is the key to success and they want to make sure that international students (especially from the less fortunate regions) can have better chances in pursuing their dream and better future.
The SEARCA Southeast Asians Graduate Funds will cover a lot of aspects, including travel allowance (for both domestic and international travel), book allowance, health insurance, dissertation or thesis support, tuition, and stipend.
What are the requirements for SEARCA Southeast Asians Graduate Funds program?
- Eligible applicants are coming from Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Timor-Leste, the Philippines, Myanmar, and Laos.
- Applicants are allowed to take a Master or PhD degree program in Agriculture subject and the related sciences (including fishery, statistics, social sciences, biological sciences, environmental science, and forestry within any of the suggested university
- All applicants must be under 35 years of age for the Master program and under 40 years of age for PhD program.
- All applicants must have an undergraduate degree because it is the only degree considered for the course
- Applicants need to display their knowledge in English language. If English isn’t their national language, they need to prove their English communication mastery and proficiency by taking TOELF test and have the written document as the proof
How to Apply
Interested candidates must register and apply as the students in the appointed universities. They need to enroll in Master or PhD degree programs and get the admission letter. The universities that are reputable for this scholarship are:
- University of the Philippines Los Baῆos (UPLB) in Laguna, Philippines.
- Kasetsart University in Bangkok, Thailand
- Universiti Putra Malaysia in Selangor, Malaysia
- Universitas Gadjah Mada in Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Institut Pertanian Bogor in Bogor, Indonesia
After they have got the admission letter, the applicants need to send the application (for the scholarship) to the Ministries within their own countries. They need to include: two copies of pictures (passport-sized), a CV, an official endorsement from the employer, language ability evidence, a certification from the medical doctor, a brief description of research project, a certificate of employment, and official academic record transcript.
The deadline is on July the 31st 2019.
Interested applicants are advised to get more information by visiting the official site at this link. By coming to the site and learn more about the SEARCA Southeast Asians Graduate Funds program, interested candidates can gain a better insight to it and prepare themselves better.