International students who want to get the opportunity to study in Japan can think about sending their application for Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate Scholarship program. This is a program designed for students who have completed their Master degree program and want to take the PhD degree program without having to deal with the financial hardship or challenges.
The Scholarship Description
Okinawa Institute is offering Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate Scholarship program to attract interested international students. Students are offered the chance to pursue their PhD degree program at the university without having to deal with the financial hardship or challenges. Moreover, students are given the chance to enjoy the world-class advanced technology and research facilities while pursuing their education. If students want to get a PhD degree level in Science, they can always join the program in Japan.
The value of the scholarship can cover a fully-funded study period and also the possibility of getting Research Assistantship opportunity.
What are the basic and general requirements for Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate Scholarship program?
- Eligible applicants are those coming from different parts of the world-provided that they meet the requirements
- All applicants must have the dedication and determination to complete the study
- All applicants must have a deep interest in scientific subjects
- All applicants must apply for the PhD degree course programs at the university with the specific required subject
- All applicants must complete their previous level of education. It means that they need to complete their Bachelor and Master degree programs (or equivalent degree) before they can apply for the PhD degree program
- All applicants must complete the application as well as providing the additional documentation, including a scan of diploma and academic transcript, a scan of passport (along with the photo page), the language ability proof, recommendation letter, and applicants’ statement.
- All applicants must display a good command in English language, especially if they are coming from the non-English spoken countries. They need to show their mastery and proficiency in the language by taking IELTS of TOEFL test. They need to have the document as the evidence. Although there is no specific requirement for the minimum score, the information is crucial to determine the preparatory course requirements. Here is the extra information for the language test:
- Institutional code for OIST TOEFL is 8794
- OIST address (for IELTS): Career and Admission Development Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Kunigami-gun
Okinawa, Japan 904-0495
How to Apply
Interested candidates must register for the PhD degree program first at the university before they can send the application for the financial support grant. They need to send their application and wait until they get the admission letter before they can finally apply for the grant. The deadline is on November the 15th 2019.
Interested candidates are advised and encouraged to visit the official site at this link. They are expected to learn the details and concept of the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate Scholarship program.