If you wish to pursue your N1 â€“ N6 qualification then consider applying for the African Scholarâ€™s Fund Award 2019. This call aims at helping deserving, high-achieving students who otherwise couldnâ€™t fund their tertiary education without this scholarship. Apply today if interested!
The African Scholarâ€™s Fund was established when there was a great need for quality education during the apartheid years. As of today, the program supports students financially who come from poor families with their TVET college and secondary school education fees. The program intends to make a positive contribution by way of monetary donations towards studentsâ€™ expenses like school fees, transport costs and uniform fees. It doesnâ€™t merely provide financial support but they also nurture, motivate and even mentor qualified candidates until they finish their studies. In a nutshell, this program is entirely focused on studentsâ€™ wellbeing by providing feedback and monitoring their academic progress.
This year, the African Scholars Fund Award 2019 are open for application for all interested candidates. This call is open to pursue all fields of study at a FET College level (N1 â€“ N6 qualification as well as certain practical courses). The scholarship will cover studentsâ€™ course fees as well as cost of registration only.
Prior to submitting an application, please make sure that you are fully eligible for this award so as to make sure that your submission will be considered:
- Applicants must be South African citizens who are 25 years old or younger
- Applicants must have finished Grade 10 Maths and Science (minimum)
- Applicants must intend on studying or be currently studying at an FET College as a full time student
- Applicants must be currently studying in college, much have obtained at least average of 50% for all tests and exams completed
How and When to Apply
To begin your application for the African Scholars Fund Award 2019, please obtain and fill out the compulsory application form.
The form must be submitted along with the following documents:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of matric certificate or matric report
- Prior college exam statements of results for current college students
- Current class test results for current college students
- Proof of income of parents or guardians such as latest payslips, affidavit, pension receipts or death certificate
- A motivation letter justifying your reason as to why you deserve this grant and explaining your household circumstances (in your own handwriting)
- Self-addressed and stamped envelope
Forward your application to:
PO Box 294
Submissions received via email or fax will not be regarded.
1st semester: 31 October 2019.
2nd semester: 31 May 2019.
1st trimester: 31 October 2019.
2nd trimester: 31 March 2019.
3rd trimester: 31 July 2019.
If you submit your application after the above-mentioned dates then it wonâ€™t be accepted. It is your responsibility as a candidate to ensure timely submission.
Should you need further details regarding this program, please refer to:
Contact Person: Asanda Gigaba (TVET Bursary Manager)
Tel: 021 689 9094/ 021 689 9431
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 021 689 9240