Are you planning on pursuing your tertiary studies? If you are seeking financial support to help fulfil the financial obligations that come with applying for a place at a higher educational institution then these African Scholars Fund scholarships at FET Colleges may be just the answer for you! This award scheme is open to undertake any fields of study. Scroll down to find out more.
The African Scholarsâ€™ Fund was established when it saw a great need for quality education during the apartheid years. Nowadays, they help by providing financial support to learners who come from poor families with their secondary school as well as TVET college education costs.
The organisation aims to contribute by way of monetary donations towards studentsâ€™ school costs, transport and uniform fees. This Fund does not merely provide financial support, but they also motivate, mentor and nurture their recipients until they complete their studies. They are entirely focused on studentsâ€™ wellbeing by providing feedback and monitoring on their academic progress â€“ keeping in regular contact with the students.
This year, the African Scholars Fund scholarships at FET Colleges are open for applications. This award scheme is available for students within all fields of study, provided they pursue their studies at a FET college. This award is available to pursue N1 to N6 qualifications along with certain practical courses.
Kindly note that this scholarship will only cover costs of registration and courses.
Are You Eligible?
To make sure your application will be considered, you must fulfil the following minimum entry requirements. Note that failure to meet all of these criteria will result in your application being disregarded.
- You must be a South African citizen who are 25 years old or younger
- You must have finished Grade 10 Maths and Science (minimum)
- You must intend on studying or currently be studying on a full time basis at a FET College
- Should you be a current college student, you must have achieved at least an average of 50% for all tests and exams completed
If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to apply for the African Scholars Fund scholarships at FET Colleges, please download and complete the application form.
Please include the following materials:
- Certified copy of ID document and matric certificate/report
- If in college: current class test results and prior college exam statements of results
- Parents or guardians proof of income such as latest payslips, affidavit or pension receipts. Death certificate should be attached in case parents or guardians are deceased
- A motivation letter outlining your reason why you deserve this award and your household circumstances. It must be written in your own handwriting
- Self-addressed and stamped envelope
Please submit your application by post to:
PO Box 294
1st semester: 31 October 2019.
2nd semester: 31 May 2019.
1st trimester: 31 October 2019.
2nd trimester: 31 March 2019.
3rd trimester: 31 July 2019.
For more information regarding this call, please refer to: Asanda Gigaba
Tel: 021 689 9094/ 021 689 9431
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 021 689 9240