If you are thinking about pursuing your masterâ€™s degree but financial obligations get in the way then apply for the Civil Society Leadership Awards for international students. This call is offered by the Open Society Foundations and is available to undertake a wide range of postgraduate programs. Students who clearly demonstrate both professional and academic excellence are welcome and highly encouraged to apply.
The Open Society Foundations aims to strengthen the respect for human rights, rule of law, as well as diversity of opinions. It works to build tolerant and vibrant societies whose governments are open and accountable to the participation of all people.
This year, the Open Society Foundation is proud to announce the new Civil Society Leadership Awards for international students. It is a fully funded masterâ€™s scholarship for all deserving individuals who show potential for professional and academic excellence along with deep commitment to leading positive impact in their communities.
This award is available for pursuing the following masterâ€™s programs:
- Communications, Journalism & Media
- Culture, History & Society
- Education Management & Leadership
- Environment & Natural Resource Management
- Public Health Policy & Health Management
- PublicÂ Administration
- Gender Studies
- Human Rights
- Social Policy
- Social Work
- Law (including Human Rights law)
- Politics & International Studies
- Development Studies
- Public Policy
The host institutions are located in Hong Kong, France, Germany, Latvia, Hungary, Poland, Netherlands, Ireland, UK and US. See the Host University Guide for more information.
Kindly note that this program is committed to equal opportunity and they will exercise such policy in relation to every admissions processes. Therefore, this scholarship call does not discriminate on the basis of sex, colour, race, age, sexual orientation or even disability.
Qualified students will receive both administrative and financial support for:
- Pre-academic preparation via summer schools
- Tuition as well as mandatory university costs
- Program related travel
- Monthly stipend for board, room and other living expenses
- Sickness and accident insurance during the program
- Funds for educational materials as well as professional development
- Accommodations during the application process as well as the duration of the grant for applicants with disabilities
- Attendance at a regional conference (scholarship program related)
Â Eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must be a citizen of an eligible country. See details here.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate flexibility, maturity and civil society leadership potential
- Candidates must have obtained a bachelor degree as of May 15, 2019 with outstanding academic record
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (French, German or English) at a required level
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate professional experience relevant to their desired program
- Candidates must be able to take part in an intensive pre-academic summer school in August or July 2020 and commence their degree program in September or August 2020
- Candidates must be able to receive as well as maintain a study permit or visa as needed by the host country
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate true commitment to their home country or region in order to enhance open society development
Applications for the Civil Society Leadership Awards for international students are open until May 15, 2019. Please head over to this page to apply.