Applications are now invited for the CTW Ada Jackson scholarship at the University of Western Australia. This award is available for students who wish to pursue their graduate degree for Master of Teaching (primary). The scholarship is open for all international female students of all nationalities, so apply today!
The University of Western Australia is situated in Perth. It was established in 1911 by an act of the Western Australian parliament and started teaching students for the first time two years later. It is now a research-intensive university in Australia. The CTW is short for Centenary Trust for Women. It provides funds to establish a scholarship and is aimed to provide financial support and encourage a qualified and eligible female student who is struggling with financial obligation and who demonstrates an interest in technology, science, maths or engineering. The CTW Ada Jackson scholarship at the University of Western Australia is aimed to help female students facing financial hardship. The award is aimed for the recipient to later on pursue a career as a primary school teacher to promote science education. There is only one scholarship available so it is competitive. The qualified student will receive $ 5,000 of the scholarship. The duration of the scholarship will be given for a maximum of two semesters which is normally consecutive.
Additionally, the award usually may not be held concurrently with any other award or scholarship, except on the approval of the selection body and provided that this is allowed by the conditions of the concurrent award or scholarship.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a female student
- Must have obtained a bachelorâ€™s degree with a technology, science, engineering or maths major
- Must be facing financial hardship
- Must have applied for a place in the Master of Teaching (Primary) at the university
- The award must be taken up in the semester for which it is given
- Candidates must be enrolled as a full time student at the university unless the selection body is satisfied there are exceptional circumstances which exclude full time enrolment. Furthermore, candidates must be a student in the Master of Teaching (primary) at the university. Note that, exceptional circumstances include but not limited to major family commitments or a medical condition.
Financial hardship may be demonstrated by candidates being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment (like Austudy, Youth Allowance, Abstudy, etc) or candidates are also allowed to submit a statement of financial hardship. Click here further information,
This scholarship is totally based on academic merit. The closing date for this scholarship application is on November 2nd 2018.
The mode of the application is online and students interested in the CTW Ada Jackson scholarship at the University of Western Australia can commence their application here
Selection will be made by the selection body, having regard to the shortlisted applicantsâ€™ academic records and interview performance. Visit this scholarship website to see the full conditions and selection process details of the scholarship.