Freign students, especially those coming from developing nations, who want to continue their study and obtain a Master degree can think about applying for DAAD Master Program for Good Governance and Public Policy Scholarship. This is a financial support program whose study period will start in September or October 2020 in Germany. The program will take place in some of the participating universities Germany. The location and placement depend on the study subject that applicants take.
The Scholarship Description
So, whatâ€™s the principle and concept of DAAD Master Program for Good Governance and Public Policy Scholarship? This scholarship is awarded to students (from the developing countries) an opportunity to get the Master degree in subjects that are related to economicÂ development, political, and social situation of (the candidates) home country. The Master programs will take place at one of the German institutions in Germany.
Here are the lists of the participating universities with their provided subjects:
- Master of Public Management at University of Potsdam
- Management in Non-Profit Organizations at Hochschule OsnabrĂĽck
- Master of Public Policy at Hertie School of Governance in Berlin and Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt
- Master of Civil Society and Democratic Governance at University of OsnabrĂĽck
- Master of Governance and Development at University of Duisburg-Essen
- Master of Public Policy and Governance at University of Passau
- Public Economics, Law and Politics at Leuphana University of LĂĽneburg
All of these subjects are taught in both English and German. They also have international orientation
This DAAD Master Program for Good Governance and Public Policy Scholarship has a certain requirements and standard measurements. They are:
- The applicants should graduate from qualified universities and gain Bachelor degree (or the equivalent). The applicants can be mid-career professionals or young graduates without any (professional working) experience.
- The criteria for selections are knowledge of English and also German, studying result, personal motivation, expected benefits after returning to their home countries, a convincing subject-related description, and also social and political engagement.
- The latest degree should be taken within 6 years before the current application.
- The applicants wonâ€™t be considered if they are staying (or have stayed) in Germany for around 15 months during the application period.
How to Apply
The applications should be sent to the respective universities and not to DAAD. Applicants are expected to send their applications regarding their master programs and the scholarship application. Donâ€™t forget that applicants should inform (in their application) that they are applying for Helmut-Schmidt DAAD Program (the Master program for Good Governance and Public Policy). The application period (for the 8 universities) starts from June the 1st 2019 to July the 31st 2019.
A Word of Advice
Keep in mind that all applicants must understand the procedures and requirements for this scholarship. They should also read and understand the Announcement 2020 and come to the official site. By coming to the official site, applicants can learn about the details of applying for the scholarship as well as getting the application form.
Candidates who want to learn more about the scholarship as well as getting thorough information can always come to the website at this site. Be sure to understand everything clearly about the procedure so possible errors in applying for DAAD Master Program for Good Governance and Public Policy Scholarship can be minimized.