Indian students must be happy to see this DAAD Scholarship for undergraduate degree in Germany because the German Academic Exchange Service opens the application process of the scholarship now. Check the details below.
The DAAD Scholarship for undergraduate degree is designed only for Indian students who study at one of publicly-funded German higher education institutions or research institutes in the country. The primary fields of study are science and engineering. For your information, DAAD or German Academic Exchange Service is the biggest support organization in German focused on the international academic co-operation. The closing date of the scholarship is no later than November 1, 2018. Only the students who are pursuing their undergraduate degree are eligible to submit their submissions. The followings are the benefits or value of the scholarship as follow:
- A monthly scholarship of 650 euros for undergraduate students (the monthly instalment will be calculated on a daily basis, i.e. 21.70 euros per day)
- A lump sum travel subsidy of 525 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance covered by DAAD
Only Indian applicants can submit their application to the scholarship. Unfortunately, the specific number of the scholarship isnâ€™t announced.
The eligible candidates who are eligible to win the DAAD Scholarship for undergraduate degree awards are as follow:
- Applicants should belong to one of the selected Indian higher education institutions (list of institutions). The list of selected institutions is influenced by, but not limited to, the following factors: AICTE approval, NAAC accreditation, MHRD evaluation, INI (Institute of National Importance) status established before 2010 and availability of 4- and 5-year undergraduate and integrated Masterâ€™s degrees respectively.
- Applicants should be enrolled in programmes which can be classified under the broad fields of engineering, mathematics and natural sciences.
- Applicants should be in the 5th or 6th academic semester of a 4-year Bachelorâ€™s programme or in their 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th academic semester of a 5-year integrated or dual degree (Bachelor-Master) programme.
- Applicants should not be former recipients of the WISE scholarship.
- Very good proficiency of the English language is expected
How to Apply
Here is a list of required documents of the DAAD Scholarship for undergraduate degree that you can find on this following link as follow:
- Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal
- Full curriculum vitae
- DAAD form â€žCertificate of Enrolmentâ€ś) filled in by home institution as proof of current enrolment
- DAAD form â€žNo Objection Certificateâ€ś filled in and stamped by home institution
- Invitation letter of German supervisor
- DAAD form â€žApproval Form by German Hostâ€ś filled in by German supervisor
- University degree certificates indicating final grade(s)
You have to submit these documents via post office as well:
- The â€śApplication summaryâ€ť, which is generated in the portal in PDF format and which can be printed out after the online application procedure is completed; please send 1 copy to the DAAD office New Delhi
- Recent reference from Indian university teacher which provides information about the applicantâ€™s qualifications (please find the form in the DAAD application portal)
Please finish the application procedure of DAAD Scholarship for undergraduate degree before the closing date on 1 November 2018.