The Spar Nord Foundation is pleased to announce the FinTech Scholarships at the University of California, Berkeley for Danish students. This rare opportunity will provide qualified students with a chance to study Entrepreneurship and Financial technology at the University of California. If you are interested, read the full information below.
The Spar Nord Foundation is aimed to benefit a wide range of people. The foundation has succeeded in donating more than 20 million kroner every year to thousands of large and small initiatives all around Denmark for almost two decades. This foundation has a unique vision which is to sympathy and awareness for Spar Nord Bank by promoting the development of cultural social and creative communities among people. The FinTech Scholarships at the University of California will award students with a chance to do fellowship for 6 months to study Financial Technology and Entrepreneurship with programs being offered in Statistics, Economics, Innovation and Engineering with professors who are recognized internationally. There are up to 5 scholarships available for talented, energetic and motivated students to pioneer the program from January 1st to June 30th 2019. This program is sponsored by Spar Nord Fonden and is facilitated by the Silicon Valley, Innovation Center Denmark as well as the Consortium for Data Analytics in Risk at UC Berkeley.
The scholarship award will include the following programs:
- Full financial housing and support
- Practical experience with entrepreneurial thinking and FinTech
- A rigorous academic agenda
- Access to an interdisciplinary and international environment in one of the most fixed and stimulating paced business ecosystems worldwide
- Students must be from Denmark
- Students must show desire to move to FinTech and entrepreneurial thinking forward and be willing to bring back expertise to the home community in Denmark
- Students must have excellent communication skills both written and oral in English
As for the program requirements, students must currently be:
- Enrolled as a master student in Software Engineering, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Science or any relevant field in Denmark
- Interested in financial technology
The FinTech Scholarships at the University of California offer will end on September 10th 2018 so students are encouraged to submit their applications before the closing date.
Please include the following supporting documents within your application.
- A complete academic transcript
- A personal statement that explains your motivation and interest in applying for this program (one page)
- A 2 minute video pitch showing the proposed project
- An entrepreneurial FinTech idea. An example of this may be in the areas of blockchain or artificial intelligence
Please submit your application to [email protected]
Note that, if possible, students are recommended to write the application with the involvement and support of a tenured professor or lecturer at their respective university. This is not compulsory nor necessary, though. All successful students will then take a whole semester of courses that earn credit for their study program in Denmark.
You can visit the official website of the Fintech Scholarship here should you need further information or have any further enquiries.