Foreign students from outside of Europe can always sign up for Full B-PHOT VUB Excellence Scholarship. The scholarship is given to international students studying European Science Master. The students will take the program at Vrije Universiteit in Brussels. The university alone has been known for its education and research qualities. They want to contribute in a committed and active way to shape a better society for future reference.
The Scholarship Description
The VUB B-PHOT or Brussels Photonics Research group is offering a scholarship to academically excellent students within a competitive platform. Students registering for Master of Science in Photonics will be considered eligible for B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship without any separate procedure application. Students awarded with the Full B-PHOT VUB Excellence Scholarship are required to commit and dedicate themselves to do Master of Science thesis at the university. If they are able to show excellence in applications and knowledge, and they also graduate with honors, they may be invited to PhD application at VUBB-PHO.
There are different scholarship schemes with the Full Excellence Scholarship at the main priority:
- 3 Entry Scholarships worth of â‚¬1000 are given to the best ranked students at the start of the first semester
- 3 Continuation Scholarships worth of â‚¬1500 are given to the best ranked students at the start of the second semester
- 1 Excellence Scholarship worth of â‚¬5000 at the beginning of Master of Science second year
The applicants for Full B-PHOT VUB Excellence Scholarship should follow the requirements set by the admission committee. They are:
- The applicants are foreign or international students
- The applicants should hold Bachelor or Master degree in Materials Sciences, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent programs. Students within their last year are also allowed to apply.
- The applicants from other engineering fields are also welcomed as long as they have a Bachelor or Master degree. They, however, need to undergo preparatory program which can be combined with the main program.
- The applicants should have 570 TOEFL test score (paper based) or 87 (internet based). The test should be taken in the last 2 years.
- The applicants should have the original TRF (Test Report Form) from IELTS with overall minimum 6.0 score. The test should be taken in the last 2 years.
- The applicants should have FCE (First Certificate in English) of Cambridge-ESOL
- The applicants are exempted from language requirements and tests when they have completed at least one year of secondary education with instruction medium in English. They should submit the official certificate.
How to Apply
The applicants should send their application online. The admission committee always accept (and review) applications within a rolling basis so there is no specific deadline for the application submission. The result and decision will take place approximately within 3 weeks after the complete application has been submitted. The deadline for the non EEA students is on June the 1st 2019.
A Word of Advice
The applications can only be submitted online. Thatâ€™s why it is crucial to go to the intended link and complete the online form. Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.Â Foreign students are encouraged to apply as early as possible in relation to proper documentation, such as passport and visa. If you want to apply for Full B-PHOT VUB Excellence Scholarship or check the requirements, you can go to this to learn the further details.