With the goal of providing financial support to qualified and high achieving students, Kingâ€™s College London is honoured to offer the new Kingâ€™s-HKU Joint PhD scholarship call for the academic year 2019-20. Commencing students who wish to pursue their doctoral degree are welcome and encouraged to apply. If financial obligations get in the way of your dreams, then apply for the Kingâ€™s-HKU PhD scholarships at Kingâ€™s College London.
Kingâ€™s College London is ranked among some of the most prominent and leading higher education institutions in the world. The institution is known for being very research-intensive that has an international reputation for academic discovery as well as teaching. As of today, it proudly stands as one of the top seven UK universities for research.
This year, the University of Hong Kong (HKU) and Kingâ€™s College London partnered in forming a Kingâ€™s-HKU Joint PhD scholarship call. The award will provide coverage for stipend, tuition fees, and research grant.
This award canâ€™t commence prior to September/October 2019. Candidates who are currently registered as a joint PhD student cannot apply and this award canâ€™t be held on a part time basis.
Eligible programs for the Kingâ€™s-HKU PhD scholarships at Kingâ€™s College London are as follows:
- War Studies Research with the HKU
- Psychiatry, psychology and Neuroscience Research with the HKU
- Physics Research with the HKU
- Nursing and Midwifery Research with the HKU
- Music Research with the HKU
- Mathematics Research with the HKU
- Linguistics Research with the HKU
- Medicine Research with the HKU
- History Research with the HKU
- Geography Research with the HKU
- Film Studies Research with the HKU
- English Research with the HKU
- Dental and Craniofacial Sciences Research with the HKU
- Comparative Literature Research with the HKU
- Chinese Studies Research with the HKU
- Students of all nationalities can apply
- Students must be due to begin a full time joint doctoral program run in collaboration between the University of Hong Kong and Kingâ€™s College London during the 2019/20 academic year
- Students must have applied to Kingâ€™s College London as the home institution
- Students must have submitted all the required application materials by the funding closing date
Applications for the join doctoral program must be approved by both the University of Hong Kong and Kingâ€™s College London before any formal offer can be made. As such, the process may take longer. Candidates are therefore able to apply for the Kingâ€™s-HKU PhD scholarships at Kingâ€™s College London while their application is being processed in order to meet the scholarship deadline which is on March 31, 2019.
To apply, you must first apply for an eligible joint doctoral program at Kingâ€™s College London here.
Then submit the online scholarship application to the Centre for Doctoral Studies no later than March 31, 2019 at 17:00 GMT. Kindly note that this must only be done after you have submitted admission application, including all the required documents.
Candidates who have already applied for admissions and those who have applied previously but deferred entry to 2019/20, do not need to submit an admissions application again.
Full details are available here.