Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for masters degree students are available now. You can submit your application before the deadline couple months remaining. You need to know that the scholarship relocates you to study in Netherlands.
The host institution of the program is Leiden University located in the Netherlands. According to the site, this program will start the academic year in February 2018. As usual, the scholarship only seeks outstanding candidates who are Non-EU or EEA citizens. In addition, the Leiden University is a university that concerns with mastersâ€™ degree such as MA, MSc and LL.M. This university only offers the scholarships based on the availability of the budget each year for the Faculty at the university. Here are the awards that you may receive if you are selected by the committee as follow:
- â‚¬ 10.000 of the tuition fee
- â‚¬ 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for masters degree students are the same with the duration of a full time studentâ€™s time frame. You can only receive the awards if you are able to complete the eligibility criteria of the program. Check the criteria below.
The candidates of the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for masters degree students must complete all eligibility criteria that you can also find on the official homepage as follow:
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University masterâ€™s degree programme starting September 2017 or February 2018
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enrol. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad.
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University masterâ€™s degree with the exception of students applying for a Master programme for which a specified previous Master programme or work experience is mandatory (the LLM advanced masters qualify as such).
- Students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the Rules and Regulations attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship. It is important to read the rules and regulation firstly before submitting your application.
How to Apply
First of all, the candidates must submit the online admission to the host institution. The application must demonstrate your interest to apply the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for masters degree students. Donâ€™t forget to attach letter of motivation. The programs that started in September 2017 ended the application process on 1 February 2017. Meanwhile, the programs that start in February 2018 set the application deadline on 1 October 2017. Please make sure you choose the 2018 academic year to be the candidates of the program. The deadline is about one month remaining. The details of the scholarship are described on the official website on here. See you all on the Netherlands.