Are you an individual with a passion for numbers? If you wish to pursue a career as an Actuary then the Old Mutual Actuarial Scholarship Call 2019 can help you get the qualification needed in that field. Applicants who wish to undertake tertiary studies in Actuarial Science are encouraged and very welcome to apply. If you are one of them then submit your application today
Established in 1845, Old Mutual is the first mutual life insurance provider in South Africa. The company is situated in Cape Town and today it offers savings; banking; investment; life assurance; asset management; personal and property insurance to more over 19 million customers across Africa, Europe, Asia and North and South America.
The company is delighted to offer scholarships for outstanding students who struggle to fulfil financial obligations to pursue college. The Old Mutual Actuarial Scholarship Call 2019 is intended for those who love numbers and wish to pursue a professional careers as an Actuary. The awards will be given to applicants who are studying Actuarial Science at University of Witwatersrand, University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University or University of Pretoria.
The scholarship comes with the following benefits:
- Tuition fees
- General and travel allowances
Additionally, qualified students will also be the recipients of the following perks:
- Incentives for good performance
- Networking opportunities
- Academic and emotional support
- An opportunity to undertake vacation holiday from their second year of study
Upon graduation, students will also receive these opportunities:
- Guaranteed employment
- Solo mentoring by a qualified as well as experienced Actuary
- In-house rotation program allowing them access to professional development in many areas as well as working alongside industry experts in a wide range of fields
Prior to submitting an application, please make sure that you are fully eligible for this call by meeting these minimum entry requirements.
- Must be a South African citizen who is black, i.e. Coloured, African, Indian or Chinese
- Must be a matric student or still in matric
- Must intend on studying or be studying towards an Actuarial Science qualification at one of the eligible universities mentioned above
- Must have obtained at least A symbol for Maths in matric, not mathematical literacy
- Must have obtained at least B symbols for their other matric subjects
Required personal attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Dedicated as well as self-motivated
- Strong mathematical skills
- Always up for a challenge
Please commence your application online here.
As part of your online application, you will also be required to submit the following materials. Note that the submission of these documents is compulsory and any missing item will result in your application being disqualified.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Grade 11 final results for current matric students or final results/matric certificate for applicants who are already at tertiary level or have completed matric
Please apply before May 31, 2019 in order to be considered. Late submissions will not be regarded.
In case you need further information regarding the Old Mutual Actuarial Scholarship Call 2019, please contact via tel at 021 504 7285.