Are you a current research student looking for a development program? The National Library of Australia has the perfect opportunity you are looking for. Both Australian citizens and overseas students are welcome and encouraged to apply. If this research fellowship at National Library of Australia interests you, read on to find out how to log an application.
National Library of Australia is situated in Parkes, Canberra. It is the biggest reference library in the continent. The library offers you a vast array of collections of Australia. As of today, the place has morphed into the nationâ€™s single most important resource of material recording for the Australian cultural heritage.
This year, the National Library of Australia is honoured to announce the research fellowship program for both domestic and international students who wish to participate. This call is aimed at providing both financial and facility support for research students who are currently undertaking advanced research projects. This program intends to support qualified students to make intensive use of the varied and rich collections the Library has over a sustained period of three months.
Up to nine scholarships are available for the research fellowship at National Library of Australia. The program is also available across various research areas in which the Library has an extensive collections so that students have the appropriate breadth and depth to support the envisioned outcome. Five fellowships are designed for particular fields of research while the rest are for research on any subject.
The nine scholarships available are as follows:
- One National Library of Australia Fellowship in memory of Averill Edwards (available to pursue research on any subject)
- Three National Library of Australia fellowships supported by the Stokes Family (available to pursue research on any subject)
- One National Library of Australia fellowship supported by the Minerals Council of Australia
- One National Library of Australia fellowship supported by the Patrons as well as Supporters of the Libraryâ€™s Treasures Gallery Access program (available to pursue Curatorial Research)
- One National Library of Australia fellowship supported by the Ray Mathew as well and Eva Kollsman Trust (available to pursue research in Australian Literature)
- Two National Library of Australia fellowship supported by the Harold S. Williams Trust (available to pursue Japan Studies)
Additionally, qualified students may also be awarded Honorary fellowships as a way to support research as well as access to the collections; however this does not include financial support.
- An honorarium amounting to AUD$ 1,000 every week for the duration of 12 week period
- Travel support which is equivalent to one return domestic airfare to Canberra. This is especially not payable to Canberra residents. Overseas travel is capped at AUD$ 2,500
- Accommodation support which is capped at AUD$700 every week for the duration of 12 week period if needed (this is not payable to domestic, i.e. Canberra, residents
- Candidates must be researchers from Australia or overseas who are currently pursuing advanced research projects
How to Apply
Applications for the research fellowship at National Library of Australia will be evaluated on merit by the Fellowships Advisory Committee.
Applications will be closed on April 30, 2019. Commence your online application here.